Perambulate 8’ Pram Kits
Draft, boards down: 1’ 8”
Hull: Plywood composite construction for sail row or motor.
Perambulate is a traditionally styled multi-purpose pram, equally at home under sail, under tow or motoring across the harbor. Her simple construction makes her an ideal project for any home-builder, whether they are first-timers or old-pros. She can be built in a nesting version, which stores compactly in a volume of space about 4’ x 4’ x 2’.
Kit includes pre-cut 4mm plywood panels and required hardware packets, or complete hardware list if you want to source the hardware yourself.
This design boasts many thoughtful details which lend it the air of a micro-yacht.
Recommended fasteners and hardware fittings are all high quality stainless steel yet easily obtainable.
All fiberglass is set in Epoxy resin for maximum durability.
In addition to plans, I will be offering optional, individualized support packages so that should you need to ask questions or even require hands-on lessons, virtually or at your shop, I will be available to help throughout your build process.
- Cut from 4mm marine-grade plywood, the Kit comes panelized to be shipped flat-packed via standard delivery.
- The Kit includes a complete hardware list and build instructions.
- The construction requires about 65ft. of fiberglass cloth and the associated amount of epoxy and a few rudimentary tools.
- Hardware is available for different configurations: sail, motor or rowing, nesting or non-nesting.
- The sailing rig is readily available and can be easily shipped.
Add your name to my mailing list to be notified when Perambulate Kit pre-sale begins.